Monday, December 1, 2008

About Anders Sundelin

I'm a business advisor and investor specialized in cross-border business, technology and intellectual property strategy. I have been a frequent guest lecturer in the areas of business models, business modeling and business valuation, in programs such as the Intellectual Capital Management Master's Program (ICM), Chalmers School of Entrepreneurship (CSE), Gothenburg International Bioscience Business School (GIBBS), and The Technology Innovation and Entrepreneurship Program (TIEP) at Qatar Science and Technology Park. Full profile at LinkedIn.

This is my personal blog where I explore issues of business models and business model innovation. Read more About the blog.


Stay in touch
Subscribe by RSS
Subscribe by Email
Social Networking through Twitter or LinkedIn
Email me at anders(at)tbmdb.com



One more thing...
I love to read books about business models, investing, social psychology and decision making. If you have recommendations on books relating to these subjects please send it to me. Some of my favorite books outside the area of business models are presented below.(External links to Amazon)

The Intelligent Investor: The Definitive Book on Value Investing. A Book of Practical Counsel (Revised Edition)
by Benjamin Graham, Jason Zweig, and Warren E. Buffett

The Wealth of Networks: How Social Production Transforms Markets and Freedom
by Yochai Benkler

Against the Gods: The Remarkable Story of Risk
by Peter L. Bernstein

The Halo Effect: ... and the Eight Other Business Delusions That Deceive Managers
by Phil Rosenzweig

Asking the Right Questions: A Guide to Critical Thinking
by Neil Browne and Stuart M. Keeley


10 comments:

  1. I am a service manager at a company which is heavily R&D oriented. I am frequently asked how we can improve our profitability and services by impacting the products at an early stage by lowering COGS and increasing uptime. It it also my job to ensure customer system uptime by providing parts asap for broken systems and at the same time avoid tying down capital at our warehouses.

    Currently our cost structure is not based on conscious adjustments but rather by the arbitrary choices made by Sales, R&D, Production and Service without understanding how these decisions impact the other parts of the organizational cost structure.

    Do you have any literature recommendations on how to establish a clear cost structure which might help me make myself understood in a more efficient way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no literature recommendations on cost structure so if you find a good one please let me know. //Anders

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have any literature or links to building subscription based business models for organisations which currently work with one-time transactions?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No but there should be several. Subscription based or service based models are very interesting and I have so far only written briefly about it. If you find any good readings please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi...

    your work looks interesting... I am in the business of strategic business model innovation and following Osterwalder´s work myself (we recruited Alex for a workshop here in Mexico back in 2007 when he wasn´t famous yet). I will take some more time to explore your ideas and tools.. until now they look interesting...

    Anyhow, my library contains some of the books that you mention in your list... I think you should read also...

    Marty Neumeiers work on "The Designful Company"

    Roger Martin´s work on "Design Thinking" & "Integrative Thinking"

    and Daniel Pink´s work on "A Whole New Mind"

    Keep in touch,

    DANIEL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daniel,
    Many thanks for your comment and book recommendations, I will read up on the reviews and order some or all of them!!

    I’m happy you like the blog, ideas and tools. It’s my personal blog and not directly related to the services I provide as a consultant. I am not a consultant in business models, as Alex, but in Intellectual Asset and Property Strategy, primarily for technology companies for the company CIP Professional Services. This includes developing knowledge based business models, IP strategies, and designing collaborative innovation platforms for industry and academia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. An investment book I truly recommend is Value Investing: From Graham to Buffett and Beyond by Bruce C. N. Greenwald et al.

    Basically the same ideas as the Intelligent Investor but updated, and more in sync with the investment environment of today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many thanks Gustav! I will order the book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Anders, nice blog!
    This might sound cheesy, but: I found it interesting. A book called "Smart Choices" by HBS Press. Authors john S. Hammond, Ralph L. Keeney and Howard Reaiffa. It's a book for non experts, good narrative and good examples. Actually I want to know what you would think about it. The link you just shared in Twitter, about business models for innovations is amazing. I got it some months ago and really loved it.
    good luck!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Professor! I am a student in your business models class. I googled the names of some of one of the business models to better understand it and your blog was the first link. Great help, very nice blog. Thank you.
    Hadeel

    ReplyDelete